Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is here!!!







Spring started yesterday! and it is snowing today... My Mowgli and Nemo are sad as they could not go for a walk, along with all the birds and squirrels who are also upset about the weather.. Last week the weather was soo nice. We even went out without our jackets. We also packed our winter items in a box and kept it in our storage. And now it is snowing & they have predicted more snow this week. I do not  know how this snow will affect my plants.. lets see.
I liked this crocus plants and planted lot of its bulbs in our patio. Two days before when I shot this pic, only one of the bloom was there. Today I shot the other pic with all the snow, all three of them (yellow,white and purple) were  ready to bloom. Look at their growth in just two days..
They open their petal only when they see sun otherwise they remain closed. But we can plant them under a tree as they bloom before a tree would get its fresh sprouts...
Interesting fact: Saffron (Kunguma poo) is also a crocus and is called Saffron crocus but it belongs to Iris family...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you may want to place a twitter icon to your site. I just marked down this url, however I must complete this manually. Simply my suggestion.

Manjari said...

Hi Anonymous.. I can't place a twitter icon. But for time being you can follow me with email..
Thanks and come again..