Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Mom & Dad Europe trip - (Actually, the topic should be => Without Mom & Dad for 15 teary days)

This blog will not say anything about my parent's trip but my ability to handle the situations alone during the trip days ;)

On Sep 15, 2018, My Mom and Dad started their Europe trip by 5 am in the morning and I became the Lady in charge of my house.

Since my kids were having the quarterly exams, I requested leave for 10 days. And my gracious supervisor had granted the same (God bless him). I let out a word that I will work on the GSDs from home (Loose lips sinks ships, isn't it?).

Once my parents left, I became the polite, well behaved, responsible, lady of the home. I neatly swept the room, mopped, washed the dishes and the home was a heaven on the first day.  Kids went to music class, read for some time and then we three watched some movie and a show.. though it was a pleasant day as night started, I started to worry.  I was the only elder in the whole building itself.. Oops.. I am even scared of my own SHADOW & now I have to handle 15 such nights..

Next day, I washed all the vessels and neatly arranged everything.. The house was so neat and I dint feel like cleaning it again. We had food, had a chat, fought and watched a movie and went to sleep.. Again started the dreadful night and I was finding it very difficult to sleep.. I was even scared to come to the hall. Ooops 14 more nights.

Next day, my kids started to the school and I was able to get some time for myself.  I started with my office work.  Oops some 35 tickets in queue.. When I was half done with the tickets, it was 12 pm and mm rang the calling bell.. Ooops I forgot my break fast.. gave him some snacks and started with cooking. Thus my time was running in front of me to handle all the tasks which were thrown at me.. We are in 3rd floor without lift facility, so I had to go down for water, vegetables, groceries and everything else too.

Next day, my dearest friends G and S came to my home for a chit chat. It was good to have them with me. We talked for a very long time and I made chapathis, paneer gravy, sambhar and rice for lunch. Prepared Mysore Pak but it was a mess.  But I packed and gave them to finish it off ;)

Next day, my dear sissy came home to give me company along with her tiny T.  I was calling her daily to say, that I am not sleeping, since it was scary alone. Our home become bright again with people around.  My bro too came to check on me.  I am a person who is always surrounded by people and especially without MOM/DAD, naan romba paavam..

Various next days came and I was handling things with difficulty.  Those are manageable situations but I dint come across for a long long time. My mom, sure is an angel..

I had to attend the calls, open the door for the visitors, attend my dad's customers, listen to the complaints from our tenants, collect rent, water the plant, clean the house, cook food, wash/dry the clothes, Sweep the stairs, Mop the floor, Wash the dish, shop for vegetables and other essential items.  I had to run with my night gown to attend the fire accident that happened due to short circuit (Kashtakaalam/Distress situation) I was going out of breathe. Most importantly make my kids learn for their Quarterly exams(My God). Previously I was talking too much on the home maintenance. I was blabbering to mom that i will turn the home upside down to make it look neat and tidy(Big mouth comedian I am). Though I found some time for myself, it was not enough for me.  I started thinking about MM which was worse.  As days passed, I became rude, uncivilised, reckless and a mere monster as seen by my kids(during the study time).. The GSD tickets, which I agreed to take care haunted me. I dint like the me.. I was scared to the core. I wanted my mom/dad to return soon and to save me from the damage I was causing myself..

On September 30th around 4 pm, my parents returned from their trip.. Wow what a blissful moment. I was the happiest person in the world on that day. I can sleep without any fear the whole night. My parents were happy and they enjoyed the trip. All of us are @ peace now..

Though those were the difficult days for me, I was able to manage it. It gave me time to think about the reality.  I think I should list them here and remember it through my life.

My Understanding during the 15 days.

1. My Parents = My Confidence
2. Raising a child is not easy.
3. There is more in life than work.
4. When you are not there, people will replace you at office.
5. Money cannot buy many things
6. Days are longer when you wait for someone whom you love.
7. Nothing is really lost until moms can't find it. (it is for me too ;))

And talking about other achievements during the 15 days

1. Watched few movies without any disturbance not even advertisements
2. Found time to talk with myself and with my kids(Sub chaltha hey)
3. Lost few pounds. (Later gained the same within a few weeks due to the Swizz chocolates ;))

My Sep 2018 is exciting isn't it??



No comments: