Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

Ranganatha Temple

When i was in India, somehow i squeeze time to go to Temple often either lonely or with MYMAN. But after coming here, i could not find time and also a temple. I was nagging MYMAN, to take me to a temple and he somehow found a temple in Pomona, Newyork.
Two weeks before, we went there. It was some one hr drive from our home. I was excited to go there. I always go to temple, to get some peace of mind & I feel like geting relieved of my mental stress. Though I am spiritual, I do not attach spirituality towards it. There were lots of Indian in that temple. Everyone praying to god and priests singing mantras. My mind was in peace and I was enjoying the temple, while MYMAN was teaching our son to pray. I was thinking, by this time if our son were in India, he would be doing pooja with my in-laws. Everything happens according to God's will. We spent some time worshiping.
And here comes the interesting part of our trip. The priest asked us to get some prasadam. To our surprise, they served us puliyodharai and thayir sadam. They tasted awesome. We even packed some for dinner. May be, next time we will definitely go to this temple for puliyodharai and thayir sadam, next comes the Ranganathar, peace of mind, blah,blah... ;-)

No comments: