Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Mowgli has grown a lot while Nemo is growing

After a very long time(approximately after one year), I took mm to library today. I think he forgot all about his visits to library in this long gap. Before getting inside the library I told him to be silent all the time, inside the library. He was amazed and excited seeing all the books neatly arranged in the shelves. First we went to kids dvd section. I let him select some dvds for him to watch. He selected lots of Thomas dvds and a few fairy tale dvds. I suggested him a few, but he refused.(3 yrs ku ethu too much da) Then he started to go thru some books. I was really happy thinking that he loves to read book and took my eyes off from him. I was browsing thru some book, suddenly came the question, (There was a tank in which, they had kept an African frog)

mm: Amma, look,what is that?
Me: It is a frog, Kanna.
mm: What is it doing?
Me: Its sleeping.
mm: Why is it sleeping in top of the water?(Actually it was floating in the water)
Me: It likes to sleep there kanna.
mm: Why not in the bottom amma?
Me: ? (Seriously I dont know)
mm: What is that?
Me: It is called the oxygenator. It gives oxygen to the frog
mm: We need stop that.
Me: Why kanna?
mm: It is hurting the frog. (the bubble was hitting the frog)
Me: It wont hurt him kanna, it is just a bubble.
mm: No amma, it is hurting him, see.

I was forced to drag him to other shelf, saying there are books about train. Though he came with me, his mind was revolving around the frog tank. He selected some music cds and books and started saying "lets buy this amma" and I started explaining how a library works. Time just flew. We checked out the items we took and started home. While coming out he even said bye to Mr. African frog quietly. (he sure remember things). I used to long for him to talk. Now, I dont have answers for many of his questions. But sure I am enjoying his enthusiasm to know.

Poor Nemo was at home with his dad. Though we have lot of baby food at home and lots of diaper, he was hungry waiting for his mom, with soiled diaper. Oops. No one can replace a mom. Nothing much to say about nm, right now. It will take some more time for him to perform his "LEELAIs".

1 comment:

Vani said...

A nice blog from you...itz like being there with u & ur son :). Jus couldnt control the smile when i imagined how you would have blinked for that q' :). I think he got the better genes & dfntly not from u ;) jus kidding.