Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy new year and Happy pongal too!

Lets start  this new year with some good happenings in my life.

1. My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Lot of company for my kids..
2. We have bought a new SLR - Nikon D7000 ( A photographer is on her way) It is too heavy(It should be at least 3 lbs) and I am so scared to handle it, while my kids are around. Operating it is another big task, I am squeezing my tiny brain to take every shot.  Sometimes, I just click using the auto option...(So simple it is)
3. I have enrolled in our apartment Gym. It was a long procedure. When I went last year, they told that I can enroll during the calendar year. I went last week and the lady in charge asked me to sign some legal documents so that I cannot sue them if I fall down from the treadmill.  While I was about to sign the document, she asked me whether I am the unit owner, which I am not. They need my house owner's signature for their official record. That was silly. I dont know how they can stop me from suing them with my landlord's signature.
4. Started some water therapy too(Dear S along with you)
5. Ice skating is going fine and its really fun, especially seeing my little Mowgli skating.
6. I had a hair cut.  How come this be a good news? But it is for MM. He always like short and straight hair. And I had 4 feet long hair.  Now my hair is just less than a feet long and it saves 30 mins of my time daily.
7. As always,  I am enjoying my time with my kids.


Some not so good things are also happening in my life
My dieting is going terribly wrong. As usual I cannot resist Starbucks Mocha with Starbucks ice cream in it. I will control my craving all through the week & during the weekend I will make Gulab Jamoons or Coconut cake or Kesari or Carrot halwa and will add up some 2000 to 3000 calories:-(  If  I dont make any eatables our dear friends are gifting things like sonpapdi or chocolates.. I used to do Jogging, but now it is sooooooo cold and lot of snow here.  But I am very sure, I will reduce my weight before Spring.  Otherwise most of my tops wont fit. hi hi... 

p.s.  The above picture is the Amaryllis bulb plant which bloomed last year(during last new year). This year, I am still waiting for this plant to bloom, but it shows no progress. The plant looks healthy lets see.

1 comment:

Raji said...

Wow....you cut your hair?????
I want to see. When are you coming to my place?
Happy pongal and happy new year.
You joined the gym ...let's hope I keep my new year resolutions as well:-)