Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My swiming experience


This is where I first tried to swim..
When I know that MYMAN knows to swim, I was really glad, that he can teach me. I was looking for the opportunity to learn from him. Once we went to our farm house, and there we had a well. When i looked into the well, it was little frightening and was very wild. I asked MYMAN to teach me. And we both got into that well. After a while in the water, I realized my mistake. The well contained lots of slippery rock, which made me tremble and was not meant for beginners. That too, me who was scared of water.. hmhmm. I needed a good pool where i can hold something, when i need a support.

So the next time we both went into a near-by swimming pool. There i went inside the water, I had lots of support. MYMAN tried to teach me. But I could not hold my breath as he told. I toiled a lot. but I found it much difficult. i started feeling that I could not learn to swim. I left it that day.

After 3 long year, here in US I joined YMCA. There is a heated pool here. I used to go there daily. whether I swim or not, I will be in water for a while. Slowly, I started to hold my breath. Now, I can swim for sometime and I can be in water for a while, holding my breath, though i am not a good swimmer.

Every beginning is difficult. What we need to invest is time and patience to learn something..

No comments: