Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks Giving Day


I see lots of ads in TV about this 'Thanks giving day'. I was wondering what is all about this day. I came to know it is a Harvest festival just like our "Pongal" and it also marks the official begining of Christmas season. It is a family function here. People decorate their houses. They visit, invite their relatives and friends & present them with gifts and party with food and drinks. The main menu item is the Turkey. The other important items are corn, pumpkin, beans and squashes. Lots of sales and Discounts are on this day. And shops are open from morning 4 AM to enable people buying gifts. I am seeing lot of people coming to our apartment complex to visit their friends and relatives. I feel like visiting a function like this. But being a fresh NRI, that is impossible... But may be in future.

No comments: