Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gayathri mantra


I done know why now-a-days my mind goes spiritually. When i tell about this to MM, he is laughing at me saying, you are getting old.
It was before 4 yrs, I went to an Yoga class when I was compelled to join by my in-laws. So i never concentrated in the class. Just like that i completed it. But now i am doing all the things told by my guru. No one asked me to do. I am saying "OM" the sacred mantra. I am doing all asanas and pranayamas taught by my guru. My guru dint taught me the gayathri mantra but i browsed the net and got it. And i am reciting it in the mornings...

I am giving the mantra here:

"Om Bhoor Bhuva swaha
Tat savitur varennyam
Bhargo Dhevasya Dheemahee
Dhiyo yo nah pracodayat"

It has to be recited 3 times in the morning and 3 times in the noon and 3 times before the sun sets. Or else we can recite it for 108 times if time permits.

26 yrs is not an age to say prayers and meditation. But now-a-days my mind always revolve around meditation and prayer. It gives a different feeling, a peace of mind and happiness. A few times, i feel that MM may be right, I may be old.

No comments: