Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Siru thuli peru vellam.... Isn't it true???


Savings... It is a very good habit. I feel, one should save at least 1/10 of his/her salary for the future. But the problem is, i do not earn, how can i save? i can save MM's earning. But MM is against savings. He does not want to save. He hates savings. Here comes the problem between husband and wife... Oh man, what are you going to do after your retirement?? He says lots of plane, but he does nothing but spending every penny in latest gadgets and other like etc...

As usual, like all the women, i too use to compare MM with my dad.

My dad used to save 1/5 of his earning. He decently supported our education, financially (all three of us me, my sis, my brother) and we had a nice life and childhood. He bought 5 houses(1 in chennai and others in our native town). So he can comfortably retire now. He is waiting for my brother to take the responsibility. Once my brother starts to earn he will retire peacefully. I would not say, that he invested his money properly. but considering his free time, knowledge about investment, amount he saved, the way he invested was excellent. But he never had time to enjoy this world. He never even goes to cinema or a hotel or to beach. No enjoyment at all. He knows how to run his business. thats it. Anyway, he is going to retire soon. He even got ideas to visit US and North India. Lets see how it goes.

Coming to my husband, He was/is never taught to save. And it is hereditary(his father, grandfather, the list goes). So he never believes in savings and investing. I do not want him to save 1/10 of his earning.. At least, 1/20 or 1/30 or 1/40. ha ha ha. If he is willing, i will even reduce to, like 1/100th :P I want MM to enjoy this world, see places, buy new gadgets, gift people but at the same time, i want him to save too. Lets see how it goes.

Like everyone, my dad is my superhero and for MM too, his dad is his superhero. I try to follow my dad and he try to follow his dad. Both the dads, did their duties properly and are happy now, leaving us fighting with each other ;-)

By the way, my Dad own a potty shop, where he sells banana and vethalai pakku and MM's Dad used to do brokerage(he is retired now).

No comments: